This is the CharLS 1.0 beta release. As of now, new users ar reccomended to download one of the released versions of this project, rather than getting the latest-greatest from svn. Feature highlights for this release are:
- Mainstream JPEG-LS decoding/encoding, for monochrome/color images.
- Lossless and near-lossless operation.
- Support for a wide range of CPU architectures including 64/32 bit, little/big endian
- Ability to directly decode to Windows DIB format (BRG/BGRA with padding)
- Ability to apply color transforms (non-standard, compatible with the HP code)