Finally, the 1.0 release of CharLS!
CharLS is released as source code only. You can add the source directly to your C++ project, or use the Visual Studion solution for a DLL, or have CMAKE create makefiles for many platforms (like Linux).
Compared to the beta, the following is changed/added:
- Improved C++ standard compliance for compatibility with:
- Visual C++ (Compilable with Visual Studio 2008, x86, x64, and ARM cpu's)
- GCC for Linux x64/x86 (warning free in pedantic mode)
- GCC for MinGWin
- Big-Endian platforms
- CPU's with aligned memory access requirements
- many more (but not recently tested)
- Improved security (prevent potentially exploitable crashes). Won't crash on random data.
- Reduced memory use through DISABLE_SPECIALIZATIONS define (not enabled by default)
- Header file can now be included from C++ and C source files
- Added unit test for Dicom WG04 sample images (files not included)
- Fixes to ensure CharLS streams are readable by Java JAI JPEG-LS code.
- Added tolerance for non-standard padding bits